For the past six years at this time in November, my hubby and I have found some unique and very special ways to celebrate his freedom from 30+ years of "confinement" and all the years of being deprived of his personal freedoms ---- I mean EVEN denied solo trips to Home Depot??????? We are heading out of town for the rest of the week and will culminate this mini-vacation with a celebratory dinner on Sunday evening! I remember when he told me that he wasn't "allowed" in his marriage to even look at the covers of the magazines at the checkout counters for fear he may see a woman in a swimsuit --- and that his ex used to turn over the GREETING CARDS if there was a picture of a woman in a swimsuit on them......geeeeeeeesh ---- The 1st year of his big D anniversary, we celebrated by taking a trip to Reno --- when the cocktail waitress came over to ask him what he'd like to drink (in her short mini-skirt and bra top) -- he looked like the cat that swallowed the canary --- I laughed SO hard and said, "It's ok, you can look up -- It's normal for a man to look"...... the majority of all the details, however, are anything BUT funny and it took a very long time and lots of therapy to overcome all the years of that abusive control. I have listened his children tell me over and over how bad it was....how they didn't even want to go out to eat as a family because it would always end up in a fight with the waitress or some other woman --- and their Dad accused of looking at her while he was ordering. For real!!! We get amused and amazed now about all the history on her side that just seems to have gotten rewritten... After being told so many times to do so, we're looking to put together all the volumes of fun facts we have and write a book.....it will be so destined for the best seller list!!! You have to agree that it certainly IS a great reason to celebrate and throw a little confetti!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ----and we shall!!!!! :) whoot whoot whooootie!!!!
As for yarning, I'm still working on Ashlyn's cardigan --- I've never made anything like this before, so it should be interesting!! I finally got gauge and I'm on my way..........we shall see :) It may end up fitting her dolly! In the past, I've always bought anything "clothing" related. Thought I might as well give it a try:) Using cheap yarn just in case ... Oh that's right, I usually always use cheap yarn HAHAHA
One good quote to remember: "When I argue with reality, I LOSE -- but only 100 percent of the time."
Celebrate YOUR week!!!!!
