Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Painting and Pillows


     Hubby and I are redoing one of our spare bedrooms......well he's doing most of it....I am just helping with the painting and the decorating.  We got the painting all done ...and it's beautious!!  Added a sweet ceiling fan/light and a most awesome shade :)
Hubby wants to lay the floor this next weekend ......and put in a closet organizer.....WOOHOO :)    I'm so lucky to have a hubby that can do all the work.....and literally save thousands of dollars!!   I've picked out a new bedspread and lamp/lampshade with accents of turquoise blue...I'll show some pics of the floor when he's done.....
I'm also working on a pillow for my sister-in-law.  She sent me some yarn in the colors she picked out to match her front living room.  I chose a pattern and layed out the colors differently on both sides....that way she can flip over the pillow for a little different look :)   Picked up a couple buttons after lunch to go in the middle of the round center......just needed a "little something"!!   I have to cut out the muslin and sew and stuff the inside yet, and stitch pillow together......But here's the pics so far......it's a real easy pattern and I'm thinking that I'll like the finished product! :)   After I finish this pillow, I'm going to work on a few baby blankets for charity.  Have one more project I need to finish for my bro before we meet them in March....they're going to help us celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary....:)