Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sharing love.......and warmth





     I signed up for a project with my Go Crochet group on Ravelry to crochet the motif from Ellen Gormley's "Sunny Spread".  I made a throw from this pattern last year, so knew how beautiful and very fast the squares work up.  Decided to add some black and white ones for a little flair......hope they incorporate well into the final blanket :)  Thought since it will be for a teenager, they might like a little black and white with the color!  Am anxious to see the final blanket!  It's great to work together for such a worthy cause.....Project Linus

     Got our home all Valentined up.......and wanted to share a few pics with you...... love to change our fireplace mantle and light the candles and turn on the lights in the evening :)   I always add another dalmation from my Mom's collection...the one on the left is a candleholder and the dalmation is holding a heart in his mouth....I gave that one to her when I was 30 :)
     

  I've finished all my crochet projects.........and my next endeavor is another pillow for my SIL in Nebraska.  I'm trying a new pattern....it looks like fun...will share it with you soon.  After I'm done with the pillow, I'm going to make more baby blankees...... I need to head off to work right now.....so have a great weekend coming up!!   My hubby has our spare room all torn apart....so this weekend we're going to paint and then he's laying a wood floor. He's also putting up a new ceiling fan...and I have a shade that I ordered that I just LOVE that he's going to put up.....and then an organizer for the closet....that will keep us busy for a couple weekends.....will share pics when we're done!!