Monday, December 6, 2010

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas......



      So glad everything is done for Christmas except for a couple more potholders I'm working on for the girls(pics of all potholders in a few days) ......I was working so hard on them this morning when our daughter came over and insisted I go with her to have coffee and do some stocking stuffer shopping for our grandkids.......so I still have two potholders to go.....I also have to take some pics of the gift I made for our 49'er fan friend.......and Ashlynn's sweater has been put on hold till Christmas is over.  Looks to be a great January project  HAHAHAHA!
      I took a few pics after my hubby and I got all the decorating done this last weekend.   The gold tree on the mantle was made by our daughter and contains hundreds of my Mom's earrings that she wore alot.....it is such a great remembrance of her......I look at it and remember alot of the pairs that she wore more frequently and some of them were gifts from us through the years......it is priceless!!    The dalmation on the other end of the mantle was always Mom's favorite.....she had a huge collection over the course of 30+ years........I like to take out a few favorites at Christmastime  :)  It's been almost 12 years since she's been gone........I miss her and Daddy SO!!!     When we were putting up the tree and adding the ornaments, we noticed how in just the few short years hubby and I have been together, how many homemade ornaments we've gotten from our grandkids....makes it the most special tree in the world!! :) 
 We have 9 ornaments that they have made and even a red garland that they cut shapesinto........can you tell we're proud?   As Ashlynn (our 5-yr. old granddaughter says, "It's time to sing Happy Birthday to Jesus"........the REAL reason for the season :)   We get to share the holidays between hubby's family and mine......and then we're spending New Year's Eve and Day with our friends.... Next year we're cruising again......... always a great excuse to lose a few pounds and buy some new clothes LOL.....