Monday, December 27, 2010

Come Fly with Me........

       Let's just say it was an amazing and magical Christmas............
       For starters, our grandchildren each picked out a special gift for Papa and I that was ONLY from them......and wrapped it themselves, too....and when they got here they had it in their hands and just couldn't wait for us to open it!   We thought it was so neat to see what they had picked out.....what they thought was the perfect gift for us.   Austin (age 9) picked out a Playstation 3 war game for Papa (so they could play it together) and Ashlynn (age 5) got me the most beautiful apple (green sugared-like) for my fruit bowl I always have in the middle of the table.  She said, "Grandma, I saw this apple and told Mommy to PLEASE get it because it's so pretty and you need it in the fruit bowl."  Priceless.......
         We shared so many fabulous gifts and put together toys......and played :)   There was one gift that we bought our granddaughter that really amazed me as we were getting all the pieces together and all finishing the assembly.  It's called the Barbie Glam Vacation Jet.   Her and her brother just returned a few weeks ago from a vacation in Cabo and we thought she would love the Barbie Jet (since she loves to fly and loves to play with Barbie).   This jet is almost 3 feet long....complete with first class seats that have pull-down trays.. seat belts that click and headsets.....rolling food carts...working microphone...luggage loader...ice that really comes out of the ice machine and into the glasses....AND makes the sounds like soda pouring.....The jet also make very loud take-off and landing sounds when you push the appropriate button.  The back of the plane pops open and makes into an island vacation spot..complete with hanging lights..a hammock..a slide and spa pool..and Island Music!  It came with 3 Barbie dolls and swimsuits and island wear fashions!

 I mean I had the Barbie house and car and all that when I was growing up...but this was something else..  Needless to say....she loved it!
      And.....yes, the little blue box under the tree was another piece in the Tiffany Notes collection that hubby is spoiling me with... it's my favorite!!   A girl can brag, right?  :)
     On the yarning front......still haven't picked up a hook for over a week....and when I do, I want to try and finish Ashlynn's cardigan :)  Also want to try and learn to knit this next year.......and my friend and I want to join a weekly knitting/crochet group and share techniques and ideas with other gals........and I'm sure ask lots of questions :)  
    Going to place myself in front of the fire and explore this NOOKcolor Wi-Fi I got for Christmas -- I love to read and it looks to be everything a reader should ever want or need........now when will I find time for yarning.....OH MY........ need to quit my job :)   HAHA
     Wishing everyone a 2011 filled with Peace, Love, and much Joy!!  
     .